Many people in Mumbai are opting for an IVF treatment. It is a prevalent and successful fertility treatment. Are you looking for IVF treatment in Mumbai as well?
In this article, we have discussed how IVF can benefit infertile couples. We have also discussed some of the steps to take in the different phases of IVF treatment.
Let’s have a look at some way’s IVF benefits infertile couples :
Blockage or damage in the fallopian tube
Damage or blockage in your fallopian tube does not let sperms encounter the egg. So, IVF is the best treatment for you in this condition. In the IVF treatment procedure, the egg fertilization happens in a laboratory.
After that, the embryo is transferred into the uterus. This process of the sperms reaching the egg is negated, and a fertilized embryo is transferred to your uterus.
You can use donated eggs and sperm
If you have a low sperm count or low sperm motility, you can go for donated sperms. When you are unable to produce eggs, you can use a donated egg.
Your IVF doctor will fertilize the donated egg with sperms in a laboratory to create an embryo. After that, the embryo is placed into your uterus. Most IVF doctors believe that using donated eggs can increase pregnancy chances, especially in older females.
You can have a baby according to your timing
With IVF, you have control over when you want a baby. If you are going to put your career first and postpone your pregnancy, that is okay. You can opt to preserve embryos or your eggs for future use.
You can decide a time when you wish to get pregnant. After that, your IVF specialist will ready the eggs for fertilization.
Screening for inherited diseases
You can go for IVF treatment if you have any genetic conditions running in your family. It can include Huntington’s disease, cystic fibrosis, and muscular dystrophy.
Your specialist conducts a Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) to make sure that such genetic conditions do not get carried on in the child.
Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) can examine cells from an embryo to determine any possible congenital abnormalities.
If you have more than the required amount of healthy embryos, you can choose to use the spare ones to help others. If biological parents wish, they can donate embryos to another couple who are facing infertility.
If you have cancer and are receiving chemotherapy treatment, you can have children with IVF.
Chemotherapy eliminates or damages eggs in ovaries. Most IVF specialists suggest that women having cancer get their eggs harvested, frozen, and saved for future pregnancies.
So, after completing your chemotherapy, you can go for healthy and normal children.
If you are more than 35 years old, there is an increased chance that your fertility has reduced. Women’s fertility decreases as they get older. After the age of thirty, fertility starts to decline, and it becomes faster after thirty-five. In such cases, IVF has better chances of pregnancy than other procedures.
Now that you know how IVF benefits infertile couples, let us move on to the things you should adopt during different IVF phases.
Do’s and Don’ts of an IVF Procedure
During the IVF procedure, you have to take some precautionary steps to achieve a successful pregnancy. The entire list of do’s and don’ts of an IVF procedure can be divided into three phases. The stages include pre-cycles, mid-cycle, and post-cycle. They are as follows.
- The goal is to entirely focus on achieving the best health state, both soul and body.
- Your diet should include several vegetables, fruits, nuts, and of course, meat that contains zinc if you are a meat lover.
- Drink ample amounts of water. Stick to a schedule that lets you drink a minimum of eight glasses every day.
- Ensure that you are getting at least eight hours of rest. Sleep is essential for your body, so do not cut down on your sleep.
- Ensure you drink ample amounts of fluids like the right quantity of water.
- The no alcohol and smoking rule continues this phase as well.
- Try moderate to a low challenging exercise routine.
- Discuss and share the stuff happening in your life with your partner.
- Relax as much as possible and minimize all forms of stress.
- There might be light bleeding after your egg’s retrieval, do not use tampons; you can go for menstrual pads, and maintain proper hygiene.
- Drink water and other alternatives like coconut water to avoid bloating.
IVF is a blessing for infertile couples. If you have infertility consult an IVF specialist in Mumbai today. They will guide you on this IVF journey and help you achieve parenthood.